Aug 29, 2009

The Change of Seasons


You know the season is changing by the activities that change during the year. At school we are getting ready for the staff and children to come back. At home, I am watching my son pack up his room to go back to college. The weather changes to cool nights so that the pool water doesn't stay warm to the next day. The mornings are cooler so that some may need a sweater, while I still wear sleeveless tops (all year). I even noticed commercials on TV begin to change with the announcements of new shows for the "FALL" and ads to visit NY or Vermont to see the changing colors. But with all the changes year after year the one thing that has not changed is that Autumn is fine favorite season of the year. The cool weather, the changing colors, the warmth of friendship, the smell of pencils, the smiles of staff and children when they come back to school, are some of my favorite things. Rain drops on roses just doesn't do it for me. But yellow, orange, burgundy, red, brown and green give me warmth and knowledge that I made it here again and hopefully will see it another year.



No comments: