Feb 23, 2019

REFRESH

Today I decided to take down a lot of my past posts.  Whether they were about card making, stamping, family or life I have decided to refresh my life and attitude.

So in summary, my boys and I live together in a townhouse I bought a year after my divorce.  It's quite a drive to work for all of us but it was a beautiful and affordable place for the three of us to live.  Of course we immediately rescued a beautiful lab-pitt named Maggie who has brought us such joy and love to our household.  

The boys have had many new experiences in the last 6 years  more than I thought they ever would have.  From skiing and snowboarding to flying and 3D-printing, they keep themselves very busy.

As for me, I am still doing the same thing I have been doing for 21 years - secretary at a middle school for a principal and vice principal.  Principal's have come and gone, Superintendent's have come and gone and even Business Administrators have come and gone.  Basically I have lost count how many changes there have been.  My office staff has pretty much stayed stable.  Of course when there is a change in the office I am the one that covers all the jobs and trains the new person the various functions in a slow and steady manner.

When I am not working at school, I primarily spend my time doing family history research.  I enjoy reading but have been doing more historical magazine reading for the last couple of years and of course watching tv.  I have a tendency to watch the shows after they aired already so I can do other things at the time the show is on.  I haven't done much stamping and card making but hopefully will get back to it soon. I also enjoy taking courses over the internet that are FREE - The Fall of the Roman Empire is the latest one.

When thinking about what I am typing I have to realize that no one will probably read this because nobody knows I am doing this and no one cares what I have to say.  So why am I doing this - its a place for me to talk to someone other than myself.  Maybe someday, a person will come across my posts and be interested in what I have to say.  So like it or not this will be my platform to talk about what makes me tick.



No comments: