Oct 13, 2008

Cards, Cards and More Cards

10/13/08

I started making cards in September 2006. At that time, I made cards primarily for one person. A wonderful co-worker who was battling breast cancer. I made a card for everyday she came to work. I couldn't trade places with her so I did what was left to do - be there for her when she needed me and give her encouragement every day. I'm not sure how many cards I finally made her, but her desk area was completely covered by Thanksgiving. In a way she was my experiment is learning new techiques and trying new designs, but she always got the best.

She survived the chemo and radiation treatments and I still work with her today. I don't make her a card everyday but I do treat her once in a while to a newly designed card or papercraft gift - in fact she finished eating all the tootsie rolls from the bag gift I gave her. She has become a special person in my life that I would do anything for. I think I'll make her a card tonight. Thank you LD for letting me into your life and you being a part of my life.

No comments: