Nov 2, 2008

A Visit to Rowan


11/2/08
Well, my weekend started on Friday when I went to a seminar on Managing Multiple Priorities. So what did I learn? Basically, the presenter spoke primarily that you need to improve your self-esteem. So what does that have to do with managing multiple priorities? It is so that you can learn to say "no." If you can't say "no" it's because your self-esteem is not good. So, could you imagine me saying "no" to the principal, superintendent, or the Board of Education? They also talked about how once you have better self-esteem you can ask for more money. They definitely don't know how it works in a school system. Was the seminar worth it? I would have to say "No."

When the seminar was done, I drove one of the ladies to the train station and then headed down to my mother-in-laws, Lurline's, to visit and spend the night. I will have to admit that my mother-in-law makes one heck of a spaghetti dinner. We spent the rest of the night looking at pictures, catching up on family happenings and see her latest addiction, playing the slots on the internet. When we finally went to bed it was around 1am. Boy am I going to have a hard time getting up in the morning.

I finally woke up at 10:44am on Saturday. Darn, we are suppose to leave in 30 minutes to go visit my son, Chris, at Rowan University. So after dressing, eating rye toast, and finding the key to open the car doors, we headed west then south to Glassboro. We arrived at Rowan around 1pm but couldn't go up to see Chris's room yet because his roomate was still in bed. Chris showed us around the library, the dining hall, the bookstore and then we finally went up to his room. Actually he had more space in the room since they moved some items around. Of course, he had to show me his new Guitar......I won't even go there. We spent the rest of our visit going out for linner at Friendly's, then shopping at K-Mart and Acme. We finally got him home (the dorm) at about 6:15, said our goodbyes and headed back to mom's to drop her off before I headed home. No, I didn't cry this time when I left him. I sure do miss him but am happy to see that he is happy.

So my weekend is over as I sit here folding the laundry and thinking about what I am going to make for dinner. At least maybe next week I can spend some time making some cards. Hope everyone else has a great week.

No comments: