Dec 30, 2008

From the End to the Beginning

Christmas is over and we all survived the day. There was one difference this year though. It didn't feel like Christmas. I was so busy making gifts that I forgot what the holiday was really for. So it is now that I reflect on the "Reason for the Season."

As stated in Rick Warren's book, The Purpose of Christmas, it is a time of celebration: God loves you, God is with you, and God is for you. It is also a time for salvation: Jesus save you from something, Jesus save you for something, and Jesus saves you by something. Lastly, it is a time for reconciliation: peace with God, the peace of God, and peace with others.

I have much to be thankful for this year. My children survived life-threatening emergencies and my husband and I have survived in still having a job to go to every day. I am thankful for being able to visit my college 30 years later and take a trip to Hawaii for 2 weeks. I am thankful for my friends that have remained in contact with me and family who still consider me part of the "family." I am thankful that I can spread some cheer and caring for those in need whether it be through a hand made card or a collection of funds for a meal. But I give all my thanks to Jesus for paving the way to heaven and eternal life and knowing that I will see Mom, Dad and Kevin again.

God Bless you all and may you all have a wonderful New Year.

No comments: