Jul 1, 2009

30th Wedding Anniversary

5th Row Orchestra seats

My husband surprised me with tickets to see Mamma Mia this past Tuesday. I really had no interest to see it over the years or even see the movie. But if you know me, you'll know that he comes up with some great surprises that turn out better than planned.

I knew going to NYC was going to be rough on me, but I was told not to worry. I should have gone with my instincts - bring my cane and an umbrella. We ended up getting soaked in a torential downpour and ended up walking forever.

Dinner was at a Thai place that was small but the food was great. Service was ok. I had salmon in a sweet and sour sauce with pineapples. Rice ended up costing extra. We then headed to the theater which turned out to be the one I saw "Cats" in - The Winter Garden Theater." It turned out that the original anniversary event is two weeks away, but when he saw the price of the tickets for this show he couldn't pass it up. We were in the orchestra section Row F seat 10 and 12 on the right side. Even though we were on the side we could see everything. Of course we could hear everything too, especially since the big speaker was in front of us. The show was great. I enjoyed it so much that I think I liked it better than my hubby. Unfortunately, I end up liking the music and the characters but the recording on CD is the original cast and to me this cast sounds better than the original.

We finally headed home and arrived at 1:30am. Needless to say, I was glad I am on vacation and hubby went to work late. I was so tired I hardly did anything all day. But what an evening it was. He truly surprises me at times with his choices and ideas.



1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Congratulations!! It is a great show (and one that husbands love too!). Glad you had a good time, even if you were wet!